黑莓执行董事长兼首席执行官John Chen表示“在本季度，我们的黑莓技术解决方案和企业软件与服务业务的连续增长推动了我们的财务预期”。 “我对快速发展的物联网领域的BlackBerry领导机会以及利用BlackBerry Spark（我们的智能终端之间安全通信和协作平台）利用这些重大未来机遇的战略感到非常鼓舞。”
BlackBerry Reports Fiscal Year 2019 Second Quarter Results
- Non-GAAP total company revenue of $214 million; GAAP total company revenue of $210 million
- Non-GAAP total software and services revenue of $197 million; GAAP total software and services revenue of $193 million
- Total software and services billings grew double-digits from the prior year period
- Record high quarterly revenue for BlackBerry Technology Solutions, driven by growth in the automotive vertical
- Non-GAAP gross margin of 78%; GAAP gross margin of 77%
WATERLOO, Ontario, Sept. 28, 2018 /CNW/ — BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) today reported financial results for the three months ended August 31, 2018 (all figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP, except where otherwise indicated).
Second Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results
- Total company non-GAAP revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2019 was $214 million with GAAP revenue of $210 million. Total non-GAAP software and services revenue of $197 million, up 1% year-over-year. Total GAAP software and services revenue was $193 million, up 4% year-over-year. Approximately 81% of second quarter software and services revenue (excluding IP licensing and professional services) was recurring. Non-GAAP gross margin was 78% and GAAP gross margin was 77%.
- Non-GAAP operating income was $17 million, and positive for the tenth consecutive quarter. GAAP operating income was $39 million. Non-GAAP earnings per share was $0.04 (basic and diluted). GAAP net income for the quarter was $0.08 per basic share and a GAAP net loss of $0.04 per diluted share. GAAP net income includes $22 million for acquired intangibles amortization expense, $21 million in stock compensation expense, $3 million in restructuring charges, a benefit of $70 million related to the fair value adjustment on the debentures, and other amounts as summarized in a table below.
- Total cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments was $2.4 billion as of August 31, 2018. Free cash flow, before considering the impact of restructuring and legal proceedings, was positive $37 million. Cash generated from operations was $31 million and capital expenditures were $4 million. Excluding $605 million in the face value of the company’s debt, the net cash balance at the end of the quarter was $1.7 billion.
“In the quarter, we exceeded our financial expectations driven by sequential growth in both our BlackBerry Technology Solutions and Enterprise Software and Services businesses” said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry. “I am very encouraged by BlackBerry’s leadership opportunities in the fast-growing Enterprise of Things, and by our strategy to capitalize on these significant future opportunities with BlackBerry Spark, our platform to securely communicate and collaborate between smart endpoints.”
BlackBerry re-affirms its outlook for fiscal 2019, as follows:
- Total company software and services billings growth is expected to be double-digits
- Total software and services revenue growth of between 8% to 10% year-over-year
- Non-GAAP EPS is expected to be positive
- Free cash flow is expected to be positive for the full year, before considering the impact of restructuring and legal proceedings
Conference Call and Webcast
A conference call and live webcast will be held today beginning at 8 a.m. ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1- 866-393-4306 or by logging on at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.
A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 11 a.m. ET by dialing 1-800-585-8367 and entering Conference ID #7069667 and at the link above.
BlackBerry is an enterprise software and services company focused on securing and managing IoT endpoints. The company does this with BlackBerry Secure, an end-to-end Enterprise of Things platform, comprised of its enterprise communication and collaboration software and safety-certified embedded solutions.