- 第一季度非GAAP总收入为2.44亿美元; GAAP总收入为2.35亿美元
- 推出了AtHoc ACCOUNT，一种新的FedRAMP授权解决方案，使政府机构和大型组织能够实时掌握人员; BlackBerry AtHoc是实现FedRAMP授权危机沟通的唯一平台
- TCL启动了BlackBerry KEYone的出货，作为公司许可计划的一部分，
- BB Merah Putih启动了BlackBerry Aurora的出货，作为公司许可计划的一部分
- 推出了BlackBerry SHIELD，这是网络安全风险管理的评估工具;与Allied World合作，为其网络保险投保人提供该工具
- 第四季度之后，推出了QNX Hypervisor 2.0，实现了连接汽车安全关键环境的分割和隔离
- 季后，宣布Qualcomm正在采用QNX Hypervisor 2.0来支持其数字驾驶舱解决方案
- 季后，宣布BBM Enterprise SDK的一般可用性来处理通信平台即服务（CPaaS）市场;超过60个ISV正在使用该工具开发iOS和Android的移动应用程序
BlackBerry Reports Profitability in Fiscal 2018 First Quarter
Jun 23, 2017 WATERLOO, ONTARIO–(June 23, 2017) –
Q1 non-GAAP EPS of $0.02 vs. $0.00 a year ago; GAAP EPS of $1.23 vs. ($1.28) loss a year ago BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global software leader in securing, connecting and mobilizing enterprises, today reported financial results for the three months ended May 31, 2017 (all figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP, except where otherwise indicated).
- Q1 non-GAAP total revenue of $244 million; GAAP total revenue of $235 million
- Q1 non-GAAP Company total software and services revenues of $169 million; GAAP Company total software and services revenues of $160 million
- Q1 non-GAAP gross margin of 67%; GAAP gross margin of 64%
- Total cash balance increased to $2.6 billion at the end of the fiscal first quarter
- Awarded $940 million from the positive outcome of the Qualcomm arbitration
- Launched AtHoc ACCOUNT, a new FedRAMP-authorized solution that enables government agencies and large organizations to account for personnel in real time; BlackBerry AtHoc is the only platform to achieve FedRAMP authorization for crisis communications
- TCL initiated shipments of the BlackBerry KEYone, as part of the Company’s licensing program
- BB Merah Putih initiated shipments of the BlackBerry Aurora, as part of the Company’s licensing program
- Launched BlackBerry SHIELD, an assessment tool for cybersecurity risk management; partnered with Allied World to make the tool available to its cyber insurance policyholders
- After the quarter, launched QNX Hypervisor 2.0, which enables the partitioning and isolation of safety critical environments in connected cars
- After the quarter, announced that Qualcomm is adopting QNX Hypervisor 2.0 in support of its digital cockpit solutions
- After the quarter, BlackBerry named a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- After the quarter, announced the general availability of BBM Enterprise SDK to address the Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) market; more than 60 ISVs are using the tool to develop mobile apps for iOS and Android
Non-GAAP revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2018 was $244 million with GAAP revenue of $235 million. Approximately 79% of first quarter software and services revenue (excluding IP licensing and professional services) was recurring. BlackBerry had over 3,000 enterprise customer orders in the quarter.
Non-GAAP operating income was $14 million, and non-GAAP earnings per share was $0.02. GAAP operating income was $536 million. GAAP net income for the quarter was $671 million, or $1.23 per fully diluted share. GAAP net income includes $25 million in amortization of acquired intangibles, $17 million in restructuring charges, $218 million of fair value adjustment related to the debentures, $815 million in expense recovery and $139 million in investment income related to the positive outcome of the Qualcomm arbitration, and other amounts as summarized in a table below.
Total cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments increased by $855 million to approximately $2.6 billion as of May 31, 2017. This reflects free cash flow of $860 million, which includes cash flow from operations of $863 million. Excluding $605 million in the face value of the Company’s debt, the net cash balance at the end of the quarter was approximately $1.9 billion. There were no purchase orders with contract manufacturers at the end of the first quarter, or at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017, down from $150 million a year ago.
“In Q1, we made great progress strengthening our strategic position in emerging growth markets, most notably in cybersecurity and the Enterprise of Things,” said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry. “We secured key design wins in high growth segments of automotive technology, including advanced driver assist, digital instrument cluster and our hypervisor solution. Our ecosystem is growing with Qualcomm and NVIDIA adopting BlackBerry technology for their automotive platforms. Furthermore, we have been recognized once again as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant on the strength of our BlackBerry Secure platform.”
“Our financial foundation is solid,” continued Chen. “We reported non-GAAP profitability for the third consecutive quarter, and our balance sheet continues to strengthen. More importantly, we are better positioned to invest in our strategic areas of focus to drive long-term sustainable growth, while returning capital through share repurchases to further enhance shareholder value.”
“Our outlook for fiscal 2018 is unchanged. We expect growth at or above the overall market in software and services. We also expect to be profitable on a non-GAAP basis and to generate positive free cash flow for the full year, excluding the benefit of the Qualcomm arbitration award.”
Conference Call and Webcast
A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 a.m. ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-844-309-0607 or by logging on at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html. A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 11 a.m. ET by dialing 1-855-859-2056 or 1-404-537-3406 and entering Conference ID #23915085 or by clicking the link above.
BlackBerry is a mobile-native security software and services company dedicated to securing people, devices, processes and systems for today’s enterprise. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, the Company was founded in 1984 and operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.